Children are at the center of what we do. Our growing team at School Readiness Consulting works collaboratively with our partners to make sure all children, especially those in under resourced communities, experience an early childhood education that translates to success in school and in life. SRC is a leading national expert in early education—delivering strategic and practical early learning support; serving as an innovative connector of early childhood practice, evaluation, and policy; and providing partners with a responsive and customized approach to their specific contexts and needs, through a social justice lens.
SRC is looking for an Evaluation Project Manager to manage projects in the organization’s expanding Evaluation Division, as we enter a new phase of growth and nationwide impact.
SRC’s Evaluation Division takes a unique approach, integrating expertise across evaluation, practice, and policy to build high-quality systems for young children, birth through third grade. Our evaluation services and projects are integral to SRC’s reputation as a leader in the field.
SRC’s body of work includes independent projects and strategic partnerships to evaluate a broad range of early childhood programs and policies, such as state preK programs, quality enhancements in public preschool, curricular and professional development interventions, mixed delivery initiatives, and family engagement supports. We conduct quasi-experimental and experimental impact evaluations, cost analysis studies, implementation research, and other types of studies with a high degree of rigor and expertise. We specialize in high quality data collection in early childhood programs and other settings involving young children.
The Evaluation Project Manager manages research and data collection projects across School Readiness Consulting’s (SRC) national Evaluation portfolio. The Evaluation Project Manager has the primary responsibility for leading evaluation projects, including the conceptualization of projects, project management and task planning, oversight of data collectors and field coordinators, and ensuring that each project is executed as planned. The Evaluation Project Manager builds and cultivates relationships with current and potential partners and provides project management and leadership on behalf of our clients. The Evaluation Project Manager also works in close collaboration with the organization’s executive team, as well as with the leadership of the Practice and Strategy divisions. This position reports to the Director of Evaluation.
- Management of complex, constantly evolving research projects with large-scale, multi-site data collection (training project staff in research protocols/data collection tools, communicating effectively with stakeholders, and coordinating successful implementation of projects through demonstration of strong project management capacity)
- Development of research plans for evaluations of early childhood education programs and policies (developing and operationalizing logic models, research questions, sampling procedures, data collection protocols, and recruitment and consenting procedures)
- Management of project teams and field staff (leading hiring and supervision of data collectors, supporting team members through feedback, fostering a collaborative environment, and ensuring successful completion of work products and processes)
- Support for development efforts (managing and preparing project proposals, building relationships and long-term partnerships with clients, and representing the organization through conference presentations, meeting attendance, and other external opportunities)
- Positive contribution to SRC’s organizational culture (contributing to a positive work environment, collaborating with colleagues within and across divisions, supporting the organization’s overall mission, and participating in team meetings, professional learning opportunities, retreats, and other organization-wide events)