Providence is calling a Respiratory Therapist to the Cottages at Providence Extended Care in Anchorage, AK.
Schedule: Night Shift, 8 Hour Shifts, .8 FTE
In this position, you will:
- Under supervision, maintain a current clinical working knowledge of all cardiopulmonary equipment in use in the facility and responds to the needs of residents by performing direct respiratory assessment and therapy procedures at the resident's bedside.
- Help to develop and present orientation of Respiratory Care and Nursing staff.
- Be responsible for all areas of emergency and critical respiratory care residents and adheres to cost-control measures as defined by the Respiratory Care Services Manager.
- Carry out procedures and treatment orders.
- Assess and describe resident respiratory conditions.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as either a Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
- Must have and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Newly hired Therapists who do not have BLS certification must obtain within one (1) month of hire.
- A minimum of one year working in respiratory care services (may include student experience).
- Experience must include all aspects of respiratory care services from basic procedures to critical care as well as services for adolescent through geriatric clients.
- References from previous work and/or academic affiliations must reflect accurate assessment skills and performance of procedures, excellent judgment, as well as the ability to work well with clients and co-workers.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- The RRT credential is preferred.
About Our Community
Providence Extended Care at the Cottages is located on a campus that includes eight cottages and a Commons Building. The Cottages are home to 96 residents. The Commons Building includes the facility reception area, Resident Bank, Gift Shop, Rehabilitation Therapies, Chapel, Supplies, Plant Services, Dietary, Support Services, Staff Development, Administration offices and Conference Rooms. The Cottages bear the names of Alaskan rivers and are arranged in alphabetical order along Compassion Circle.
Each cottage is a home that contains 12 private bedrooms/baths situated around a warm, inviting hearth and living area. An open kitchen allows residents and guests to enjoy the aromas and happenings of a kitchen, just like home. Each Cottage includes a Den along with a Spa and beauty/barber shop station. A patio off the dining area provides easy access to the outdoors and gardening opportunities. Large windows in the living area provide views for all to enjoy.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Respiratory Therapy
Req ID: 144611