Providence is calling a full time, night shift Respiratory Therapist for the NICU- RRT to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provide respiratory therapy to neonates as ordered by physicians, according to established standards and practices.
- Set up equipment, oxygen hood, High Flow nasal Cannula and nasal CPAP.
- Administer respiratory treatment as ordered by the physician; charts treatment, response, and progress.
- Provide and monitor conventional ventilation as well as High Frequency ventilatory support to the premature infant in the NICU by protocol.
- Perform endotracheal intubation on the neonate.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of a program for Respiratory Therapy
- RRT for all new grad Respiratory Therapist applicants hired on or after 1/1/15
- NOTE: Respiratory Therapists credentialed prior to 1/1/15 are grandfathered as CRTs
- Current License in Respiratory Care in the State of California
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification within 6 months of hire
- Current NRP Provider
- Current LA City Fire Care within 90 days of hire
- Knowledge of tests, therapeutics, disease processes and medical terminology
- Administration of surfactant, as appropriate
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current NBRC RRT Credential / NPS
- Registered Respiratory Therapist is preferred for all therapists
- Minimum of 2 years recent work experience
About the hospital you will serve:
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Respiratory Therapists
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 147439