Providence is calling a Licensed Clinical Social Worker ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to Providence Saint John's Health Center Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
Partnerships for Families Program
PROVIDE IN-HOME SERVICES FOR CHILDREN BIRTH TO FIVE
AND THEIR PARENTS
The goal of the
program is the prevention of child maltreatment through community-based,
voluntary therapeutic home visiting services for at-risk pregnant and
postpartum women and families with children under the age of 5.
or registered mental health professionals with experience working with children
0-5 years and/or pregnant women at risk due to being in their teens, mental
health history, victims of domestic violence or history of substance abuse.
Experienced in providing in-home services and Spanish-speaking preferred.
- Provide Clinical Services including: psychosocial assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, psychotherapy with children, adolescents, adults, parents, and families.
- Service include Case Management, and Outreach with an emphasis on families with children ages 0-5 years of age.
- Deliver services at the Center, at schools, in homes, and in the greater community.
- Supervise and trains interns and unlicensed staff.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- MSW from graduate school for Social Work or MA in Psychology Licensed in State of California by the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners.
- Internship plus 2 years in Child/Family setting
- Two years clinical experience with children ages 0-5
- Understanding trauma among families with children ages 0-5
- Demonstrated expertise/skills in working with the target population
- Strong diagnostic background.
- Must be able to travel to off-site and satellite locations.
- Must have insured personal vehicle.
- Must be able to work one evening until 8:00 pm
- Provides on-call services as scheduled
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Spanish bilingual is preferred
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Child & Family Development Center was established in 1962 to serve the social-emotional needs of children (0-21 years old) and their families. The Center has a strong history of providing culturally sensitive and linguistically responsive mental health, outreach and developmental services, with priority given to underserved, overburdened and at-risk families who are unable to access quality services elsewhere . Services are child-centered and family-focused. Located in Santa Monica, the Center is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 140509