Providence is calling a Surgical Technician (Per Diem, Variable shift) to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- Perform the surgical scrub role and work under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse
- Perform Duties such as
- Reviewing preference lists and picking the supplies and instruments for a procedure
- Performing a surgical scrub and preparing the back table with the appropriate sterile instrumentation and supplies
- Providing support intra-operatively by anticipating the surgeon's needs and passing him/her the appropriate instrumentation and supplies when needed during the case
- Completing the cycle by taking instruments and equipment to the decontamination area at the end of the procedure and putting away left over supplies
- Provide patient care to the following age groups: premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and older adults
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completed training as a surgical technician at an accredited school
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers through the American Heart Association
- Fluent ability to understand and communicate using basic medical terminology
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School Graduate
- Recent hospital clinical experience in the Operating Room
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center,Torrance is proud to be recognized as a Magnet® Designated Hospital. We are the only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Surgical Techs
Req ID: 142766