Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Chemical Dependency Intake Counselor \(1\.0, Days\) to work in Addiction Recovery Services for our medical detox and intensive inpatient pregnant program at the Ballard Campus in Seattle, WA\.
The Addiction Recovery Counselor provides individual/group counseling, case management, discharge planning, education, and referral assistance to individuals with substance use disorders and/or mental health conditions\. Please note that this position may require occasional weekend and evening work\.
In this position you will:
- Intake coordination over the phone\. Counseling and screening over the phone\.
- Excellent Customer Service, strong Administrative skills and detail oriented
- Relative to Older Adults/Adults/Adolescents: Conducts biopsychosocial assessments utilizing approved assessment instruments; interprets patient disclosures and collateral contacts to determine the presence of a substance use disorder and/or mental health disorder
- Utilizes DSM multi\-axial diagnosis and ASAM PPC to assess appropriate level of care
- Provides individual/group counseling, case management, discharge planning, education, and referral assistance to individuals with substance use disorders and/or mental health conditions
Requiredqualifications for this position include:
- A bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or other behavioral science field \(A bachelor's degree in a non\-behavioral science field plus an additional 2 years' experience as a chemical dependency counselor may be substituted for the degree requirement\)
- Valid Chemical Dependency Professional Certification issued by the Washington State Department of Health/ Health Professionals Quality Assurance division
- At least one year of counseling experience in a state\-approved substance abuse or mental health facility
Preferred qualfications for this position include:
- Hospital or resident intake experience a plus
- Creative efficiency
- Good limit setter
About the Ballard Campus:
Swedish's Ballard campus maintains its strong ties to the Ballard community and fosters a team\-oriented work environment\. The Ballard campus has an active obstetrics program and a full\-service Emergency Department\. It is the site of Swedish's Addiction Recovery Services — one of the few hospital\-based drug\- and alcohol\-treatment programs in Seattle\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 143236