Providence is calling a Child Life Specialist (Family Support Services Department, Supplemental (no guaranteed hours or benefits), 0.0FTE, Variable/On-Call Shifts) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
The requirements for this position include:
- Plan and provide emotionally and developmentally appropriate experiences to promote effective coping with health care and continued cognitive and emotional growth.
- Enhance quality of patient care through participation, documentation and communication with other members of the health care team.
- Serve as a resource and advocate on child development issues.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor´s Degree in one of the following specialties
- Child Development
- Recreational Therapy
- Elementary Education
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Washington with 3 years of current experience in a maternal child setting
- Child Life Certification required or eligible for professional certification as outlined by the Child Life Council requirements and eligibility standards for professional certification. Certification is required within 1 year of hire
- Acceptable references from former employer(s)
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 151369