Job Title: Compass Rose Academy Therapist and Clinical Coordinator
Department: Residential Services
Qualifications: This person must be at least 25 years of age and have a master’s degree in social work, psychology, or counseling. LCSW or LMHC preferred. Growth Model (or related therapy model) experience or training is required. Four years residential/social service/mental health experience is preferred.
Reports to: Compass Rose Academy Director
Job Summary: This position is responsible for coordinating various clinical services and activities in Compass Rose Academy, assisting in Growth Model implementation in therapeutic services, providing leadership for the Compass Rose Academy program, and carrying a small caseload of clients. This position will provide support in implementing therapeutic services and developing successful outcomes. Will oversee Evolv, Phase System, Treatment Planning process, and Safety Planning.
- Carry approximately a half caseload of students. Complete assessments, treatment plans, and provide individual and family therapy per treatment plans and as scheduled. Complete services and all documentation in a timely fashion according to policy/procedure.
- Coordinate/Facilitate clinical services and activities, including:
- Treatment Planning Case Conferences
- Residential Treatment Plans and Progress Reports
- Phase Meetings
- Review new student applications
- New student admissions/intakes
- Parent Group
- Lethality screenings and safety plans
- Facilitate a variety of group therapy sessions each week, including Process Group, CRA Didactic Group, and Psycho-education Group.
- Responsible for clinical data reporting related to licensure, risk management, and clinical outcomes. Responsible for Evolv oversight, development of reports, trending analysis as requested, etc.
- Assist in oversight and development of residential training needs for Clinicians, Direct Care, and Case Managers. This includes developing training to enter into E-Learning to ensure competency for all direct staff.
- Communicate with parents, Educational Consultants, and other external consumers/consultants. This may include developing and doing presentations and trainings at local, regional, or national conferences/ events. Assist with planning and facilitating Parent Weekend events.
- Provide crisis response for residential program (join rotation of therapists to respond for suicide/self-harm emergencies).
Supervision, Knowledge, Abilities
* Have extensive knowledge of clinical services, Growth Model (or related therapy model), residential child care practices, social work/counseling practices, data analysis, COA policy development and the ability to guide the development of the Evolv database.
* Must be organized, able to work with minimal supervision
* Must have good communication, listening skills
* Must have highly developed crisis management/conflict resolution skills
* Must be able to provide effective supervision, training, evaluation and discipline of staff
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Must be able to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
* Must be committed to the Mission, Core Values, and Vision of White’s Residential and Family Services.
Physical Demands of Position
* Must be able to actively participate in the physical restraint of students who are in crisis (expected to meet the requirements of Mindset physical restraints).
* Must be able to handle the stress of intervening in crisis situations, handling medical emergencies, and making decisions quickly.
* Must be able to do significant amount of walking.
* Must be able to provide leadership for crisis, reporting issues, etc.
* Living on campus is optional and dependent upon the needs of the therapist and organization.
* Normal work hours will be Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. four days and 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. one day. Additional flexibility may be needed to meet changing needs of the organization.
* Must be available for quarterly Parent Weekends.
* Must be available for monthly Saturday morning Parent Group, six times per year.
* Clinical on call as scheduled by supervisor.
* Must attend work regularly and be on time.
* Will work holidays as scheduled and needed; may use PTO as permitted in conjunction with the administrative staff for coverage.
* Must be able to work with residents' medical problems....including exposure to bodily fluids.