In Steamboat Springs, community isn’t just a welcome idea, it’s a reality. The charm and charisma of this beautiful mountain valley makes for an outstanding place to raise a family, enjoy an active lifestyle and engage in a purposeful career.
Yampa Valley Medical Center is a non-profit, non-tax-supported, independent community hospital. We are dedicated to serving the needs of residents throughout Northwest Colorado and visitors from around the world. Yampa Valley Medical Center is a 39-bed acute care hospital providing sophisticated medical services to more than 51,000 outpatients annually. A Healthgrades rating is an important indicator of the quality of care patients receive. Being in the top 10% of all hospitals in the US, means that YVMC delivers exceptionally safe and consistent results. YVMC was proud to receive the 2016 outstanding patient experience award.
Performs diagnostic ultrasound examinations which include OB/GYN, general, vascular and cardiac, under the direction of Medical Department Director and department director. Assists in all aspects of department functions when applicable. Provides direct patient care from infant to geriatric patients.
1. Independently and accurately performs procedures in Ultrasound and Echocardiography.
2. Possess /maintains working knowledge of ultrasound equipment used in your job duties, along
with HIS/RIS/Meditech/PACS/Syngo and all computer systems involved in department operations in assigned modality.
3. Supportive of organizational /departmental missions and change(s). Displays ability to adjust constructively to difficult situations.
4. Maintains strong working relationships. Communicates effectively with co-workers, physicians, visitors and the broader health community. Serves as a role model for professional behavior, excellence and safety.
5. Works with peers to share educational opportunities and career development. Always conducting self in a professional manner.
6. Completes all aspects of work assignments, taking initiative to accomplish other departmental tasks while examinations are not being performed.
7. Maintains flexibility when managing multiple roles and responsibilities. Responds to changes within the organization and develops programs to support those changes congruent with organizational mission, values, and goals.
8. Maintains compliance with Continuing Education requirements/ and is in good standing with regulatory agencies (i.e., ARDMS, RDCS).
11. Assists with organizational/departmental inspections/surveys.
12. Performs other duties as assigned, Must be HIPAA compliant.
Education: Successful graduate of a CAAHEP accredited sonography program.
Work Experience: 3-5 years as a RDMS, RVT, RDCS (AE or PE). Previous Echocardiography experience required.
Licenses/Certifications: Registered through ARDMS, RDMS, RVT, RDCS (AE or PE) and CPR. Must possess two of the three credentials thru ARDMS
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Knowledge of Imaging equipment necessary to perform job duties.
Knowledge of scheduling procedures/preps/protocols as they pertain to the ultrasound modality
Interpersonal, communication and strong organizational skills. Computer knowledge. Participate in call and Holiday coverage.
Work without frequent supervision. Customer service skills.
Working Environment: Employees work in a climate controlled environment. May be exposed to infectious material, sharps, radiation, chemicals and unpredictable behaviors of patients.
Essential Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 60 lbs, Carry 30 lbs, Push/Pull 40 lbs, 250 feet, Lift Overhead 15 lbs. Able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, and reaching.
This is a benefitted position.
YVMC Offers a comprehensive benefits package consisting of:
- Medical/prescription drug insurance
- Dental insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- Optional life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Additional benefit programs & employee services
Selected candidate may be eligible for Relocation and Transitional Housing (subject to availability)
Please note: Housing does not accommodate pets.