|Maintains responsibility for the overall administrative, clinical and budget management of the Wasie Neonatal ICU at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital and the JDCH Neonatal Transport Program.|
1. Provides leadership and direction of patient care and other related activities consistent with the organizational goals, hospital mission and the highest standards of professional patient care achievable for neonates and infants, including those with special needs, in an acute and/or intensive patient care area.
2. Fosters family-centered care and works in respectful, supportive and collaborative ways with patients and their families.
3. Considers and involves the family or those significant to the family as a part of the assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation efforts of the Director, when possible.
4. Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
5. Maintains ongoing and effective operation, assessment and continuous performance improvement of services and provides competent staff to meet the needs of the patient population in a neonatal critical care area.
6. Monitors staff application of current standards of care and maintains clinical competency in order to assure quality patient care in specialty area. Responsible for meeting all requirements of regulatory agencies, monitoring of PI issues and all reporting mechanisms associated therein.
7. Prepares unit budget and monitors/controls expenditures and utilization of resources.
8. Demonstrates leadership skills in directing staff, interviewing, hiring, counseling and evaluating, following policies and procedures. Demonstrates professional responsibility by participating in department activities and maintaining professional standards.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital, a 204 bed facility, opened in 1992 and is located in Hollywood, Florida. Compassionate, patient- and family-centered care has helped to make Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital a world-class pediatric hospital that often ranks in the nation's top 1-2% in patient satisfaction (Press Ganey). Thanks to exemplary medical expertise, advanced technology and exclusive pediatric programs, it has earned the distinction of being the leading children's hospital in Broward and Palm Beach counties. JDCH is the only Pediatric Trauma Center in South Broward County and is dedicated to the physical and emotional care of children. We're continuing to pioneer revolutionary programs that define the standard in pediatric care.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.