Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Minimum Required Education:
Licensure at an independent level (LPC, LCSW, LMFT)
Minimum Required Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory and administration experience
- Working knowledge of administrative and program regulations of the State of Missouri and Joint Commission as well as working knowledge of other accreditation standards
- Knowledge and expertise in clinical supervision practices and procedures
- 5 yrs post licensure in an agency setting with supervisory duties
- Experience working in a school setting
Must have Missouri Licensure as Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker, Professional Counselor or Marriage and Family Therapist and be in good standing with licensure agencies and professional organizations.
- Ability to work with a variety of clients who vary in age and in mental/behavioral health concerns
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas, both orally and in writing, with both clients, colleagues, grantors, funders, auditors and other collaborative agencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical social work and mental health counseling principles, methods, procedures and standards. Ability to provide these services in an agency setting and/or a school setting.
- Knowledge of therapeutic processes, and child and adolescent development.
- Fully competent in interviewing, psychosocial assessment, diagnosis, clinical and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Trained and knowledgeable in play therapy, family therapy and behavioral issues.
- Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic plans and make individual modifications.
- Knowledge of community support services and resources.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and HITECH rules.
- Skilled in preparing and maintaining client documentation in an accurate and timely manner, in compliance with established audit standards.
- Ability to supervise and provide guidance to newer therapists developing skills and abilities.
- Ability to monitor supervisees meeting standards and implement Performance Improvement Plans if necessary.
- Skilled in using general office equipment, personal computers and medical records software used to document client treatment plans, progress and updates.
- Participate as a team member and leader, collaborating with and providing excellent customer service to clients, funding sources, peers, and all internal and external customers.
- Serve as a representative of Provident, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with Provident team members, clients, grantors, funders, auditors, and members of the general public.
Responsible for managing the budget of the team, and ensuring productivity standards are met by all therapists under their supervision.
Working Conditions / Environment:
Full-time, with a schedule that includes working three evenings per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervision Principle Duties:
Responsibilities relate to multiple areas of agency activity and provide leadership to the team. Must be familiar with and aligned with the agency’s strategic plan and actively work toward achieving those goals. Work collaboratively with other staff at a shared site.
Provide Administrative Supervision to team members:
- Create a positive work environment
- Schedule, mentor, and help train supervisees
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement efforts of counseling services
- Complete reviews of supervisees, including monthly updates on productivity, documentation, and other measures of performance
- Ensure awareness of and adherence to Joint Commission requirements, contractual obligations and HIPAA polices in regards to counseling and documentation
Provide high quality clinical supervision to specified clinicians:
- Assure the delivery of quality treatment by planning, directing, monitoring, and evaluating the work of assigned supervisees
- Develop staff clinical skills
Actively participate in supervisor team to:
- Build teamwork within the assigned team
- Implement steps to improve quality, efficiency and cost effectiveness across Provident sites
- Comply with regulatory and agency standards governing various types of services.
Clinical Principle Duties:
- Provide treatment services for adults, children, and families in order to maximize client’s well-being and potential to better serve themselves and the community.
- Provide client services in alignment with essential duties and responsibilities for those of a Child/Family/Adult therapist.
- Maintain all required credentials, trainings and other regulatory requirements as a Child/Family/Adult therapist.
- Deliver services by establishing and maintaining a therapeutic relationship, assessing client needs, developing a treatment plan and preparing case records according to agency guidelines
- Assures quality of service by being knowledgeable of community resources; internal agency resources, groups and programs; agency guidelines and mission; legal and ethical requirements of profession, agency and governing body; and implements them where applicable
- Completes and maintains all statistical data and record documentation according to agency guidelines and legal requirements necessary for treatment and program accountability
- Maintains harmonious working relationship with the Agency and with sponsoring and advisory groups (Children’s Services Fund) by cooperating with agency research projects, presenting at staff development and practice seminars, and participating in educational and marketing events
- Develops and enhances personal skills by attending and participating in agency in-service training, continuing education and personal growth experiences when possible.
- Delivers all services with limited supervisory assistance and refined knowledge of DSM-V, and childhood development and parenting skills.
- Completion of 16 hours Clinical Supervision training.
- Attitude- maintains positive disposition, remains enthusiastic, dependable, and professional.
- Communication Skills- above average written and oral communication skills, maintains confidentiality
- Managing Relationships/ Teamwork- ability to establish and maintains open and trusting relationships
- Leadership- ability to effectively lead and positively influence others
- Flexibility- ability to adapt to changing priorities and situations, willing to learn new skills, ability to handle pressure, ability to manage time and work demands
- Service Orientation- concerned with safety and satisfaction of clients and co-workers, remain friendly and courteous, recognizes and handles cultural differences
- Initiative- ability to take action without being told, participates in self-improvement and developmental activities.
- Computer skills- must be comfortable with computers and be proficient in excel, word, and email.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.