Providence is calling a Surgical Tech III, Per Diem, Evening shift to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
- Perform duties that may include reviewing preference lists and picking the supplies and instruments for a procedure
- Perform surgical scrubs and prepare the back table with the appropriate sterile instrumentation and supplies
- Provide support intra-operatively by anticipating the surgeon's needs and passing him/her the appropriate instrumentation and supplies when needed during the case; completing the cycle by taking instruments and equipment to the decontamination area at the end of the procedure and putting away left over supplies and equipment.
- Provide patient care to the following age groups: premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and older adults.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Successfully completed training as a surgical technician at an accredited school
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Surgical Technician in an Operating Room
- Maintains Certification as a CORT or CST
- Is proficient in at least 1 specialty area (e.g. Ortho, Neuro, Cardiovascular etc.)
- Fluent ability to understand oral and written English directives, including English text
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS ) certification sponsored by the American Heart Association
- Fluent ability to understand and communicate using basic medical terminology
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 356-bed nonprofit hospital serving the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. We are proud of providing the South Bay with high-quality medical care and compassionate service by offering a comprehensive array of medical services distinguished by innovation, quality, and excellence.
The medical center has 7 surgery suites, a gastrointestinal lab for endoscopic exams and colonoscopies, and a spacious recovery area. Our suites, which accommodate both inpatients and outpatients, are designed and equipped with the latest technology to meet the needs of our patients and their surgeons as required for a broad spectrum of procedures.
· Procedures include neuro, ortho spine, total joint replacement, minimally invasive repair, plastic reconstructive, urology, GYN, podiatry, and general surgery including Lap procedures.
· 7 Operating Rooms
· 1486 Outpatient surgeries per year
· Friendly supportive community hospital environment that performs a broad spectrum of cases
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Surgical Techs
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 150679