Providence is calling a ( Full Time / Day Shift ), Home Health Physical Therapy Assistant to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance in Torrance, CA.
This position is Mon-Fri.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant experience.
In this position you will:
- Assume responsibility and accountability under the supervision of the Physical Therapist for a designated group of patients and provides physical therapy modalities and treatments in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, maintaining the highest degree of quality of patient care for individuals with physical impairments.
- Be responsible for maintaining standards of professional and ethical practice in accordance with regulatory agencies and the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). Provide care to adolescent, young, middle and older adult patients utilizing therapeutic modalities and principles in an interdisciplinary collaborative approach.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California State Physical Therapy Assistant License
- Current BLS certificate for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association
- Current Driver's License with no excessive violations or accidents
- Current proof of auto insurance which meets minimum state requirements
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative working relationship with patients, families and coworkers.
- Ability to type and use a computer efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively independently and with a team
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prefer 2 years home health and/or acute care experience as a PT Assistant
About the home health you will serve.
As an integral part of the respected Providence Health & Services for over 25 years, our highly skilled healthcare professionals provide a full range of home health and clinical specialty programs to patients experiencing an illness, hospitalization or surgery or, for those receiving treatment for a chronic or acute illness. Providence Home Health embraces everyone from new mothers and their babies to the elderly with chronic health problems.
Our team of health care professionals starts with the patient and his or her physician and may include: registered nurses; certified home health aides; social workers; physical, occupational and speech therapists. Our specialty care includes patient assessment and monitoring; beside protime monitoring; IV therapy; total parenteral nutrition; gastric feeding tube (G-Tube) for long-term enteral nutrition; V.A.C. therapy used to promote healing in acute or chronic wounds, fight infection and enhance healing of burns; pain management; injections; and ostomy management. From same-day referrals and a smooth transition from hospital to home, to attentive follow-up and communication with your own doctor, we provide care and support for you every step of the way to help restore your health to its fullest potential. Our goal is to equip our patients with the education and resources needed to regain and maintain good health.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Physical Therapy
Req ID: 154007