Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Respiratory Therapist Registered \(Per Diem, Variable Shift \) to work in Respiratory Therapy at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, WA\.
The Respiratory Therapist Registered performs respiratory care procedures on patients of all ages \(neonates, infants, pediatric, adult, geriatric\) in all areas of the hospital\.
In this position you will:
- Perform care of patient on a ventilator to assure adequacy of ventilation
- Perform care of patient on non\-invasive ventilation \(BiPAP\) or CPAP
- Perform a variety of routine treatments including aerosol therapy, chest physiotherapy, Incentive Spiro meter and oxygen therapy
- Perform a variety of diagnostic procedures such as ABG's, EKG's, treadmills, Oximetry, spirometry, and other measurements
- Attend Code Blue and other emergencies to manage the airway and assure ventilation
- Conduct airway management to control secretions, provide patent airway or allow artificial ventilationIncludes intubation assists, tracheotomy care, suctioning, tube/oral care, and tracheotomy tube change
- Educate patients and families about respiratory care and participates in discharge planning process
- Stock supplies in department and on units, prepare ventilators and other equipment for standby, and change patient equipment
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Successful completion of an accredited respiratory therapy educational program sufficient to qualify for licensure in Washington State
- Current Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner with the Washington State Department of Health
- Registered Respiratory Therapist \(RRT\) with the National Board for Respiratory Care \(NBRC\)
- Current Basic Life Support \(BLS\) certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support \(ACLS\) certification required within three \(3\) months of hire
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program \(NRP\) certification required within six \(6\) months of hire
- Knowledge of technical and emergency procedures related to Respiratory Care
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Recent hospital experience as a Respiratory Care Practitioner
About the Edmonds Campus
Swedish/Edmonds \(formerly Stevens Hospital\) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years\. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals\. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace\. We are a family\. We are a community\. Our mission is to improve the health and well\-being of the community through local, high\-quality and compassionate health care services\. On Sept\. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health\-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system\.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non\-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Respiratory Therapy
Req ID: 152754