Providence is calling a Certified Medical Assistant to Providence Medical Group in Everett, WA.
The Certified Medical Assistant will work under the direction and supervision of the Nursing Supervisor, Clinic Administrator, or appropriate staff to support in delivery of cost-effective, clinically competent, reliable healthcare in a safe, respectful manner that ensures patient respect and dignity.
Schedule : Monday - Friday, hours to vary between 7am-5pm, up to 8-9 hours/day
Location : Primarily Everett but could help as needed in Mill Creek
In this position you will:
- Consistently demonstrate adherence to the principles and requirements outlined in the Commitments and Compliance Integrity Program and any other organizational or departmental materials related to compliance with laws, regulatory requirements.
- Consistently demonstrate adherence to Medicare and Medicaid regulations which directly or indirectly relate to the performance and job expectations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Providence Health and Service's policy on Patients Rights and Responsibilities and respects these rights and responsibilities in carrying out daily activities.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with patients and families, providers and staff in a professional manner.
- Contribute to the assessment of the patient by collecting information for and analysis by a provider.
- Demonstrate competency in all required clinic workflows and Epic documentation workflows.
- Recognize and verbally reports signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect for all ages of patients served.
- Maintain the medical records according to institutional guidelines, ensuring that all required documents and results are posted properly and timely in the patient's record.
- Perform clerical duties related to chart prep; may also include pending referrals and Rx refills.
- Report and documents any unusual patient or administrative occurrence that may have an effect on the patients' and/or staff's wellbeing.
- Adhere to safety precautions including hazardous waste and proper sharps disposal.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school or other qualifying education
- Current Medical Assistant (MA) License
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers; certification issued by an American Hearth Association accredited provider
- Ability to pass proficiency testing following Epic EMR training
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous experience in a physician office setting
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve Snohomish County in more than 10 locations in scenic northwest Washington. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 152985