Providence Medical Group is calling a Behavioral Health Specialist to join the team at the Lacey Family Medicine Clinic in Lacey, WA.
This is a full time and benefits eligible position.
Providence is seeking a Behavioral Health Specialist to work within the healthcare team to provide direct patient care for patients with chronic mental illness, co-morbid health condition and/or socioeconomic challenges. Through skilled assessment, education, collaboration and coordination of healthcare and community resources, the Behavioral Health Specialist assists patients to gain self-efficacy/management skills, achieve optimum functional health status and quality of life.
In this position you will:
- Conduct mental status examinations
- Perform risk assessment for dangerous or destructive behaviors
- Work within the Patient Centered Medical Home Model in coordination with multiple PCP's and serve as a link to an identified population of patients
- Assist patients to gain self efficiency/managements skills, achieve optimum functional health status and quality of life
- Assist patients/families, staff and systems to achieve high quality, evidence based, cost-effective and patient focused outcomes
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Masters Degree in Social Work or other Mental Health counseling field.
- Current non-restricted Washington licensure as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) through the WA state Dept. of Health.
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical behavioral healthcare experience
- Advanced clinical experience in Behavioral Health including evaluation, diagnosis and intervention for psychiatric and substance use disorders
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Doctorate in Psychology (Psychologist)
- Experience with Child & Adolescent Mental Health
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of more than 125 primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve a five-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. With an emphasis on the medical home model, our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 151486