Provides routine non-acute physical care for inpatients, as well as educational groups based on needs identified in the Master Treatment Plan.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Follows program schedule with minimal supervision. Follows program rules and guidelines and ensures patient compliance with same.
2. Is courteous and professional to patients, family members and significant others.
3. Completes patient procedures accurately and within time frame as specified by hospital policy.
4. Completes required documentation specific to position in a clear and concise manner. Documentation shows understanding of patient and unit goals.
5. Attends scheduled hospital inservices and completes staff education attendance record. Reads and initials articles that are posted on unit. Seeks opportunities for education and professional growth.
6. Practices good hand-washing techniques, follows Universal Precautions.
7. Alerts supervisors to risk management and quality concerns.
8. Dresses appropriately to position.
9. Flexible and positive in accepting responsibility for patients leisure time and maintenance,
therapeutic milieu. Shows creativity in planning patients free time. Is involved and physically active in all aspects of patients program.
10. Checks with RN prior to and at end of shift for report and direction. Communicates observations clearly and alerts RN to pertinent and/or high risk changes in patient conditions.
11. Displays consistency and is positive in interactions with others. Accepts criticism and suggestions. Maintains safe boundaries with patients and co-workers, uses self disclosure conservatively.
12. Willingly serves as preceptor to new employees and role-models positive images.
13. Incorporates service specific knowledge (child, adolescent, adults, military, or dual diagnosis/chemical dependency) into daily activities.
a. Utilizes developmental and program specific knowledge in the delivery of patient care.
b. Has sound understanding of mental health and program specific issues.
c. Understand and demonstrates the ability to prioritize the patient's needs according to the treatment plan.
d. Facilitates groups as assigned demonstrating understanding of group process and the disease concepts of each specific diagnosis group.
14. Maintains up to date CPR and Hand-with-Care certification (offered upon hire).