Lighthouse Behavioral Health Hospital is a 96 bed acute psychiatric hospital serving children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients. LBHH also provides care to adults with substance abuse disorders. LBHH is currently looking for a RN or Therapist with a Master's Degree in Counseling for PRN evening positions.
Job Summary: Screens intake calls, referrals, walk-in's, and assists in providing recommendations for appropriate actions including assessment and/or possible admission, or referral to an appropriate agency for services when internal services are not available or appropriate. Conducts thorough and timely intake assessments. Completes and documents all calls/referrals in a thorough and timely manner. Process all incoming admissions to various hospital programs. Specific Responsibilities include:
1. Respond to telephone and face-to-face inquiries from persons seeking mental health care or information about mental health-related services.
.Identifies presenting problems and needs of callers, scheduling face-to-face clinical assessment when indicated.
3. Refer callers who are not appropriate for Lighthouse's service to other optimal service provider as necessary, effectively matching callers' needs and resources with available services.
4. Assess patients upon referrals received or upon face-to-face assessments and convey appropriate information to physicians and accepting units.
5. Take vital signs on all patients including breathalyzer.
6. Use metal detector wand on all incoming patients and separate patients immediately from their belongings by locking them in the Assessment room cabinets.
7. Utilize appropriate clinical forms during assessment.
8. Typically conducts thorough assessment within 45 minutes.
9. Communicates with physicians regarding prospective admissions; case presentation to include admission criteria, lab work, medications and diagnosis information obtained from the referral source, patient and family members.
10. Demonstrate awareness of own clinical limitations and seeks out expertise of others when needed.
11. Documentation review shows that forms, notes, and other applicable written information are completed promptly and accurately.
12. Patient admissions, transfers, and unusual occurrences are promptly, clearly, and correctly communicated to all necessary personnel.
13. Documents calls and related information on Pre-Screen, Daily Inquiry Summary, and MS4.
14. Willingly does data entry when assigned. When assigned, complete data entry within 48 hours of initial call and disposition charges.
15. Fills in missing information on forms as gathered.
16. Distributes appropriate forms to unit, U.R., and Business Office.
17. Perform precertification/prior authorization reviews for inpatient services with insurance providers as required, in absence of UR staff (weekends and Holidays) or as necessary.
18. Stays abreast of program and/or unit services, policies, and procedures.