Highlands Behavioral Health System is an 86 bed freestanding behavioral health hospital offering psychiatric care for adults and adolescents. Centrally located in Littleton, the facility is easily accessible to families throughout the Front Range and just minutes from surrounding communities.
Recreational Therapist / Art Therapist / Occupational Therapist / Dance Movement Therapist / Music Therapist
The Experiential Therapy Department (ET) is a team of recreational, art, occupational health, dance/ movement, and music therapists. The ET staff coordinate and lead patient activities in the Experiential Therapy program to facilitate rehabilitation for a diverse patient population. The ET therapist follows policies, procedures, standards and objectives for patient treatment per hospital guidelines and the patient's specific performance improvement program. An ET staff member directs patient participation in structured groups or activities designed to facilitate emotional, physical, and psychological healing.
Understand and adhere to:
All hospital-wide policies, procedure, and standards.
Policies, procedures, and standards for patient participation in Experiential Therapy groups.
Goals, objectives and procedures for the Experiential Therapy Department.
· Maintain appropriate licensure and continuing education requirements for therapists' specialty and provide documentation to hospital
· Plans patient programs involving that may include activities such as leisure, education, sports and games, singing, dancing, creating music, exercise programs, and occupational programs; participation in a variety of sensory, motor, educational, and social activities.
· Teaches patients the skills and techniques required for participation in activities and evaluates patient's progress, attitudes, and behavior as related to their rehabilitative potential.
· Adapts program appropriately to varying patient needs. Studies patients' reactions while engaged in therapeutic group activities and prepares progress notes to document observations.
· Identify patient needs to develop and coordinate the implementations of therapeutic programs in accordance with administrative guidelines and medical directives.
· Recommend equipment and supplies for related programs.
· Initiate patient charges.
· Maintain department records.
· Assure compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Participate in performance improvement records and techniques.
· Comply with infection control policies and procedures.
· Participate in department and hospital-wide education programs.
· Collaborate with hospital staff and medical staff to ensure optimal patient care.
· Promote positive working environment.
· Promote guest relations.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
· Promotes safety by attending mandatory in services and complies with all safety measures initiated by the facility