This position will be responsible for conducting analysis of expenditures, awards, philanthropic proceeds and overhead. He or she will continuously monitor and regularly provide updates concerning spending, budgeting and internal awards to the senior leadership of the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center (VICC).
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center (VICC) is a leader in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
The centers world-renowned team of experts provides a integrated, personalized and
patient-centered approach to cancer care, including treatment, research, support, education and outreach.
From a wide variety of wellness programs to a leading REACH for Survivorship Clinic, patients find support from diagnosis through survivorship.
VICC is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of only two centers in Tennessee
and 51 in the country to earn this highest distinction . VICC ranks in the top 10 nationwide for cancer research grant support. Here is a link to our website - http://www.vicc.org/
* Day Shift/ Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
* Serve as transaction approver for various institutional and extramural funds.
* Ensure compliance with accounting practices and adherence to institutional financial policies and procedures.
* Monitor financial activities and manages deficits on a monthly basis.
* Responsible for the maintenance and oversight for all purchasing workflow and functions such as internal purchasing system (e-procurement.)
* Manage monthly and annual institutional financial close processes and ensure deadlines are met.
* Complete and/or review all Financial Statement Reports (FSR) transactions prior to PI review and submit for processing.
* Review and understand Federal NIH and A21 guidelines.
FINANCIAL REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
* Monitor spending in comparison with budgeted and awarded dollars and alignment with spending requirements.
* Track FTE and salary expense compared to budget and work with VICC leadership to coordinate adjustments as needed.
ANNUAL BUDGET COORDINATION AND PREPARATION
* Assume supportive role for coordination of the annual budget process.
* Serve as liaison to other business units to ensure accurate and consistent budget preparation.
* Ensure that communication of budget assumptions and timelines is clear and deadlines are met.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Qualified candidates will have bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related field.
* Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
* Customer service orientation.
* Ability to work with multiple staff and departments in a timely, professional, and effective manner.
* Demonstrated competence in financial analysis and budgeting.
* Commitment to individual and team success.
* Solid experience working with Microsoft Excel and using data systems to monitor revenue and expenses.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 4 years of experience
Internal Number: 2008207
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.