At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the health care experience the best it can be! Our team has come together with a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
As a Medical Imaging Assistant MRI Screener, there will be exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation, focusing on supporting in-patient and out-patient imaging. This position will be focusing on MRI Safety, and helping secure the screening room, and ensuring a safe place for our patients. Banner University Medical Imaging offers cutting edge medicine in combination with the most advanced imaging technologies currently available. Our state-of-the-art Imaging Department provides unparalleled imaging services to a distinctly unique class of patients. Because of this, our kind, caring, and certified imaging professionals provide safe and timely care in an environment that has been designed especially for patient comfort. Our Radiologists are academic professors at the University of Arizona and highly skilled specialist physicians. Their years of advanced training in specific areas of the body make them highly sought-after subject matter experts in the detection and diagnosis of illness. As the preferred location for all high acuity imaging in Southern Arizona, we provide imaging services in MRI, CT, Angiograms, Ultrasound, PET, Nuclear Medicine, X-Ray, and Advanced Breast Imaging. We see patients across the spectrum including children and adults, those who require anesthesia services or have implantable devices to those who have experienced an acute athletic injury. Whether patients are visiting us for a simple imaging procedure or have a more advanced medical imaging need, we are more than just another imaging location.... we are a Comprehensive Stroke Center, a partner to the University of Arizona Cancer Center, a multi-disciplinary Center of Excellence and the imaging center of choice to receive the most accurate medical screening services available.
The working schedule will be day shift; Monday-Friday; 8:00AM-4:30PM. Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential, when applicable.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located on the campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assists technologists and/or nurses in department by performing non-technical, patient and procedure-related duties in accordance with department/facility policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for a variety of clerical and administrative support functions and customer service for an assigned patient care area which promote an organized, efficient delivery of care to patients.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs a variety of tasks and functions associated with the department's daily operations, including but not limited to, greeting patients, medical staff and the public, answering incoming telephone calls, scheduling appointments, entering orders and providing general information to customers. Participates in the resolution of customer problems or collects necessary data and follows through to appropriate person for problem resolution. Refers complex inquiries to the appropriate department or staff. Provides ongoing clerical and administrative support.
2. Enters patient information into the computer, scans documents into PACS. Maintains a complete patient record with admission, transfer, and discharge information, progress notes, and consent forms. Ensures that all reports and chart forms are scanned or filed into the patient's record. Ensures that charting forms are labeled and accessible if they are needed. Maintains adequate supplies of frequently used, patient education materials. May be responsible for QC/validations. Assists in facilitating requests for patient medical records.
3. Provides support in the acquisition and distribution of digital patient records. Digitizes, formats, and uploads film-based or digital images into PACS. Maintains accurate filling system as required based on established department protocols and procedures.
4. Fulfills requests for images and reports ensuring availability in system, hard copy (film), and/or CD as required and follows proper protocols for releasing confidential patient information.
5. Receives patient in applicable systems, confirms patient demographics and insurance information and performs insurance verification when required. May be required to calculate and collect copays, deductibles, and self-pay. Totals charges on patient's super-bill at check-out. Enters pending discharges into the system. Coordinates patient appointments for procedures and treatments that may be required prior to timely discharge. Processes patient discharges. Coordinates transportation to care centers and residential homes as requested by patients or physicians.
6. Prints physician schedules, super-bills, labels and other applicable forms in preparation for next business day. Pulls and files patient charts and prepares new patient charts as needed. Prints and files transcription notes. Reconciles charge tickets to each day's schedule, identifies incomplete tickets, missing charge codes or missing diagnosis and notifies clinical staff. Forwards completed tickets and/or billing package to the business office or billing company.
7. Assists technologists and nurses in pre and post procedure room preparation by obtaining necessary supplies and assisting patients as necessary. Ensures procedure rooms are stocked appropriately. Understand sterile procedure and assists with setting up sterile trays, where applicable. Adheres to radiation safety policies. Escorts patients back to the patient exam rooms, takes vitals and patient history; may assist with patient treatment to include peripheral IV insertion, IV discontinuation and Point of Care Testing (POCT) if required by the assigned facility (completion of Banner's peripheral IV insertion course and validation of skill must be completed prior to any peripheral IV insertion and discontinuation performed. Completion of Banner's POCT education and validation of skill must be completed prior to any Point of Care Testing being performed).
8. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery.
9. This position assists in the operations of the medical imaging department under direct supervision with technologists and nurses in department. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Must navigate a variety of separate computer programs at any given time and handle multiple demands on time. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, non-clinic providers and facilities, vendors, patients and family members.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
BLS certification is required.
Must be able to exercise good judgment, effectively communicate, and use discretion with patients, staff and the general public. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy is required. The position requires knowledge of commonly used office software and keyboarding skills. Good organizational skills are essential in prioritizing and coordinating various responsibilities simultaneously. Must have the ability to handle ongoing face-to-face contact with patients and staff while functioning in a busy medical office environment.
Prior experience as a transporter, EMT and/or nursing assistant preferred. Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred. Previous experience working with electronic medical records and insurance is preferred. Knowledge of filing and/or retrieval systems preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.